40 Countries to Add to Your Bucket List
The world is a magical place. There are so many amazing places to travel to that it was hard to narrow down the list to 40 countries. Below are 40 countries to add to your bucket list.
40 Countries to Add to Your Bucket List:
#1- Budapest, Hungary-
Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is situated along the Danube River. Budapest is known for its soothing thermal springs and architecture.
- Explore Fishermen’s Bastion and Buda Castle
- Swim at the Szechenyi Baths
- River Cruise Along Dunabe
- Read 22 things to do in BUDAPEST
#2- Vienna, Austria-
Austria is a mountainous country near Switzerland. Vienna, the capital of Austria, is most known for being the hub of classical music. Beethoven and Mozart were from Vienna.
- Listen to Classical Music in Vienna
- Explore Hofburg Palace and Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna
- Day Trip to Hallstatt, Austria
- Top 10 Things to Do in Vienna
#3- Prague, Czech Republic-
Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic, is most known for its cultural life. The best things to do are to visit Prague Castle, stroll along Charles Bridge, and recharge at a traditional coffeehouse. Don’t forget to ride the funicular to Petřín.
- See the Charm of Old Town Square
- Charles Bridge
- Prague Castle
- Traditional Coffeehouse
- The Petrin Observation Tower
- 16 Things to Do in Prague
- 9 Day Central Europe Itinerary
Germany is known for the infamous Oktoberfest event, festive Christmas markets, and stunning castles to visit. The best places in Germany are Berlin, Munich, Cologne, and Frankfurt.
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Drink Beer at Oktoberfest
- Visit Burg Eltz Castle
- Cologne Cathedral
- 18 Best Things to Do in Germany
Amsterdam has over 1,200 bridges and canals. The best place to visit is along Dam Square, Amsterdam’s central square featuring the incredible Royal Palace.
- Bike Riding
- Keukenhof Gardens
- 1 Week Itinerary to Amsterdam and Brussels
#6: Belgium, Brussels-
Brussels lies in the north-central part of Belgium. Brussels is known for its chocolate and beer. You have to bring home chocolate to your loved ones from the airport if you are ever in Brussels, in that it tastes super delicious.
- The Grand Palace in Brussels
- Ghent and Bruges Day Trip
- Waffles, Chocolate, and Beer
- 16 Things to Do in Brussels, Belgium
Chefchaouen is a city in northwest Morocco surrounded by the Rif Mountains. It’s famous for its blue-washed buildings in the old town.
- Explore Chefchauoen
- Sahara Desert
Iceland is a Nordic Island in the North Atlantic Ocean. The landscape is incredible because you will see glaciers, black sand beaches, hot springs, volcanos, and waterfalls!
- Blue Lagoon
- Northern Lights
- Walk on a Glacier
- 10 Best Things to Do in Iceland
Australia is one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, where you will see kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, and quokkos! Australia has beautiful landscapes, from pink sand beaches to Uluru red rocks.
- Great Barrier Reef
- Kangaroo Island
- Quokka Selfie
- Visit the Sydney Harbor Bridge
- Feed a Koala Bear
- 31 Bucket List Things to Do in Australia
#10- New Zealand-
New Zealand is one of the best places to partake in adventures for the adrenaline-seeker, like bungee jumping! You can hike an active volcano or along glaciers in New Zealand. The nature in New Zealand is beautiful.
- Hike an Active Volcano at Tongariro National Park
- Wanaka’s Blue Pools
- Stay in the Hobbit Huts
- Lake Tekapo
- Visit the Glowworm Caves
#11- Colombia –
Colombia has the planet’s highest biodiversity, coastlines on the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean, and the world’s largest rainforest!
- Serrania del Chiribiquete Rainforest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cartagena
Cambodia, in Southeast Asia, is famous for its beautiful beaches, delicious food, and capital city of Phnom Penh. Angkor Wat temple complex is a MUST-SEE if you are ever in Cambodia. The Khmer people have a rich history and culture. You can learn more about the locals while exploring the ancient ruins on a tour!
- Angor Wat
- Swim at the Beautiful Beaches
- Explore Phnom Penh Capital City
Japan is a unique place to visit thanks to its fascinating culture and traditions. You have to tour the temples, castles, and shrines.
- Cherry Blossoms
- Mount Fuji
- Visit the Sagano Bamboo Forest in Japan
Thailand has stunning tropical beaches to relax at, islands to explore, and historical sites to see. Thailand is one of the world’s favorite travel destinations, as it has a tropical climate. All year round is a pleasant time to visit.
- Let go of a Floating Lantern in Thailand
- Island Hopping
- Bathe an Elephant
- 6 Reasons to Visit Thailand
Ancient Egypt has one of the longest histories of any country in the world. It used to be ruled by pharaohs. Egypt is a Mediterranean country bordered by Israel and the Gaza strip. The best things to do in Egypt are to visit the Pyramids of Giza and go snorkeling in the Red Sea.
- Pyramids of Giza
- Snorkeling in the Red Sea
- Camel Riding or Horseback Riding
- Egyptian Museum
- 25 Best Things to Do in Egypt
Argentina is most famous for being home to Iguazu Falls. The country has vibrant cities and must-see natural attractions. Iguazu Falls stretches for 2 miles. Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, is the main attraction, as you will find art galleries, opera performances, and 5-star restaurants. You can even take a tango class to learn about their culture.
- Buenos Aires
- Iguazu Falls
- Try Wine in Mendoza
- Laguna de Los Tres
Estonia has more than 2,000 islands to travel to, five national parks, and charming cities to admire. The best city to visit is the Capital, Tallinn. Tallinn is a beautiful medieval city to explore!
- Tallinn Town Hall
- Learn About the Charming History
- White Sandy Beaches of Parnu
#18- Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen is the capital city of Denmark. You can explore the canals, the Royal Palace, the National Museum of Denmark, Rosenburg Castle, and have fun at the Tivoli Gardens.
- Canal Tour
- Explore the Palaces
#19- Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm is the beautiful capital city of Sweden. It is most known for having 14 islands and more than 50 bridges. You can take a ferry between the islands. Don’t forget to visit the old town of Stockholm, the Nobel Prize museum, and the Royal Palace. You can see reindeer in Stockholm on a safari tour in the winter.
- Old Town Tower
- Nobel Prize Museum
- The Royal Apartments
- Storkyrkan Church
#20- South Korea
South Korea has Buddhist temples to explore, a fascinating culture to learn about, and incredible food to indulge in. Seoul is the capital city of South Korea.
- Seoul’s Royal Palaces
- Dress up in hanbok
- Visit the most famous border in the world
Vietnam has incredible landscapes, from Ha Long Bay to Mai Chau. The best things to do in Vietnam are to light a lantern in Hoi An, cruise the Mekong Delta, see a cave at Phong Nha National Park, and explore the rice fields. The local food in Vietnam is delicious!!! The Ban Gioc Waterfall should be at the top of your Vietnam bucket list.
- Ha Long Bay
- Rice Fields
- Light a Lantern in Hoi An
- Largest Cave at Phong Nha National Park
- History at Ho Chi Minh City
- Go to Church Vietnamese Style
- Cat Tien National Park
- Ban Gioc Waterfall
- Golden Hands Bridge in Da Nang
Kenya in East Africa is known for being home to the infamous Giraffe Manor, where you can feed giraffes from your hotel. The best beach to visit in Kenya is Diani Beach.
- Giraffe Manor
- Explore the National Parks
- Diani Beach
Singapore, located in Southeast Asia, has a tropical climate. You have to visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens and Gardens by the Bay.
- Cloud Forest at Gardens by the Bay
- Botanic Gardens
Malaysia is a Southeast Asian Country that has 13 states. Malaysia has incredible wildlife to see, beautiful scenery to visit, a fascinating culture to learn about, and cultural festivals to attend. The capital is Kuala Lumpur.
- Visit the Batu Caves
- Explore Penang
- 21 Things to Do in Malaysia
Chile is in South America. The warmest time to visit is between November and February. The best things to do are to explore Torress del Paine National Park and see the marble caves.
- Torress del Paine National Park
- Visit the Easter Island Statues in Chile
- Marble Caves
China is the most populous country in the world as it is home to almost one-fifth of the world population at 1.3 billion people. There is so much to explore, from incredible architecture to ancient traditions. The highest mountain on the border with China is Mount Everest and longest river is the Yangtze River. Beijing is the capital.
- Explore Shanghai and Beijing
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Take the Walk of Faith and Heaven’s Gate at Tianmen Mountain
- Zhangjiajie National Park
- 25 Things to Do in China
#27- Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Galapagos Islands are a part of the country of Ecuador. They are situated in the Pacific Ocean west of northern South America. The islands emerged from the bottom of the sea in the form of astonishing volcanic upheavals.
- Witness a Giant Tortoise in the Galapagos Islands
- 7 Things to Do in the Galapagos Islands
India, in Southern Asia, is an incredible country. Visiting Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur is a perfect 1-week itinerary for your first trip to India. You can see the Taj Mahal and Amber Fort in a week-long vacation.
- Stand in Front of Taj Mahal
- Amber Fort
- Holi Festival
- Jaipur, Delhi, Agra
Cuba is one of the most fascinating countries in the world. The country is known for the colorful colonial cities that crawl with 1950s Cadillacs and turquoise-colored beaches.
- Have a Cigar in Cuba
- Ride in an Old Fashion Car
- 19 Best Things to Do in Cuba
#30- Moscow, Russia
- Red Square
- Basil’s Cathedral
#31: Petra, Jordan
Petra is an abandoned city discovered by a Swiss Explorer named Johann in 1812. Thousands of years ago, Petra, in southern Jordan, was thriving. The temples, tombs, and other elaborate buildings carved from the mountainside are incredible. The most famous is the ancient treasury, as shown in the photo above, a sandstone temple.
- Explore the Ancient Ruins of Petra
#32: USA- Hawaii
Hawaii is a group of volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean. The warm tropical weather, fruity drinks, and beautiful beaches will make you want to travel to Hawaii.
- Black Sand Beaches in Hawaii
- Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park
Canada, the second largest country in the world, is diverse in that it has both mountains to cosmopolitan cities. If you love nature, Canada makes for a dream travel destination. Did you know? You can even see the northern lights from Canada!
- Banff National Park
- Niagara Falls
- Top 5 Places to Visit in Canada
#34: South Africa
- See the Big 5
- Salt Flats
- Explore Tam Ting Caves in Laos
Turkey is a unique country that everyone should see at least once. The top 4 places to see in Turkey are Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Antalya, Ankara, and Istanbul.
- Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
- Visit Istanbul, Cappadocia, and Antalya
- Top 4 Places to Visit in Turkey
#38: St Lucia
St. Lucia is the perfect tropical getaway, home to Caribbean beaches, the Pitons, and the only drive-in volcano in the world.
- Mud Bath
- Hike to the Pitons
- 18 Best Things to Do in St Lucia
Portugal is a charming country and has beautiful landscapes. Portugal is known for its historic castles, stunning beaches, and energetic cities. You have to try the delicious seafood cuisine and wine while you are there. The beaches, rock formations, and architecture in Portugal are stunning!
- Swim at the Beaches in Lagos
- Explore the Narrow Streets in Lisbon
- 5 Reasons to Visit Portugal
- 22 Bucket List Things to Do in Portugal
Rio is known for its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and iconic landmarks.
- Go to the Carnival of Rio de Janeiro
- Christ the Redeemer Statue
- Sugarloaf Mountains
- Rio de Janeiro Bucket List
We shared 40 Countries to add to YOUR bucket list. Have you been to any of these countries? Please commend below about your experience!