Bucket List #31: See a spectacular fountain. ((I saw the Most Spectacular Fountain at the Bellagio Hotel in Nevada, Las Vegas in January 2016.))
5 Things to Do at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas
The Las Vegas Strip has upscale casino hotels. Each hotel has attractions, gambling floors, restaurants, and performances. The strip is one of the most iconic tourist destinations in the United States. The Bellagio was inspired by the villages of Europe owned by MGM Resorts International. The elegant construction of the hotel cost $1.6 billion and opened in 1998.
In January 2016, I visited Las Vegas for an ASPI Promotional Products Trade Show for work and enjoyed my stay at the Wynn Hotel. I gambled and experienced the most spectacular fountain of my life in front of the Bellagio Hotel. The Bellagio was my favorite because they have a fountain display and an incredible Cirque du Soleil show called O, and the most beautiful garden. The garden was decorated for the Chinese New Year when I went.
#1: Watch the choreographed Fountains of Bellagio.
The spectacular fountain display is set to light and music and is visible from multiple points on the strip. I highly recommend watching it while in Las Vegas, as this was one of the most memorable moments because the display was strikingly beautiful and eye-catching.
- The show takes place every 15 minutes from 8 pm to midnight and every 30 minutes in the early afternoon
- The fountain displays more than 4,500 lights
- The fountain cost $50 million to build
#2: Buy Tickets to the Cirque du Soleil’s show called O.
The O was an unbelievable production because the show incorporated acrobatics into synchronized swimming and diving surrounded by air, fire, and water. I highly recommend this quirky show, as the performance had moments of comedy, audience engagement, and live music. If you like weird shows that leave you wondering, “what did I just watch?” then the O is for you!!!
- The show is 105 minutes long and plays at 7 pm and 9:30 pm on Wednesday through Sunday.
- Did you know the divers swim in a 1.5-million-gallon pool? The pool temperature is 88°F.
- The sign states no cell phones at the entrance.
- Book in advance from $114 here!
#3: Visit the spectacular botanical gardens.
The Bellagio hotel has a built-in botanical garden that changes for each season. The five seasonal themes include the Chinese New Year, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. I visited the Chinese New Year and displayed the zodiac sign of 2017, the rooster. All displays are colorful and decorated with flowers that have a pleasant and sweet smell that I will never forget.
- Location. The Conservatory is located next to the hotel’s lobby and is open to the public.
- Avoid Crowds. Visit the beautiful garden at 6:30am to avoid people.
- Price. The magical Conservatory and Botanical Garden is FREE and 100% worth your time!
#4: Go to the Prime Steakhouse Restaurant at the Bellagio.
Do not forget to go to the Prime Steakhouse Restaurant because they have the best steak in Las Vegas. I ordered a steak and a margarita, and it did not disappoint!
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from 5 PM- 10 PM
- Attire: Business Casual (NO Shorts or Athletic Wear)
- Reserve a Tabel: 702.693.8865
#5: View the Gallery of Fine Art.
The Bellagio hosts a special exhibition displaying artwork from various museums throughout the world. I recommend viewing the undeniably beautiful artistic talent within the Gallery’s walls.