Writing in a journal can help you plan your next trip and reminisce on your last. It is a perfect way to go back and reflect on your memories and experiences. Listed below are my top 5 reasons to start a journal and document your travels!
Writing about your memories and experiences can be fun and is a great tool because you can look back on a specific time of your life. Next time you go on a trip, you can know how to spend your time better. Writing can help you prepare for a trip.
#2: Learn from past mistakes-
Do you ever feel like you are just passing through life and have nothing to prove that it even happened? Did you achieve something? Who knows? You know that you do not want to make the same mistakes. Our lives are full of knowledge to reflect on. The most recent events in our lives contain hidden gems. How do we get those lessons? The answer is simple: writing in your journal. This simple practice can not only help you learn from past mistakes, but it will improve your mental clarity.
#3: See the bigger picture-
Writing about our experiences will allow you to see the bigger picture of our lives. It will help us get clear on our priorities in life.
Writing can help bring yourself out of a low place and act as a therapist as you can vent about your emotions.
#5: Goal Setting and Achieving-
Lastly, you can get clear on what you want out of life this month, the next six months, and even in five years. Journal writing can help you figure out what your goals are and make a plan to achieve them.
- Plan a Trip
- See the bigger picture of our lives
- See what you have accomplished in your life on a day-to-day basis. Your accomplishments can be big or small.
- Learn from past mistakes
- Increased productivity
- Improved Insight and understanding
- Increased self-awareness
- Track overall development
- More gratitude and appreciation for the little things
- Clarity and focus
- Better mental health
- Increased mindfulness
- More likely to set, chase and achieve goals
- Strengthened willpower
- Boosts confidence
- Improves your mood
Where to start? Do you need inspiration?
For example, you may structure your journal like this:
- What were my favorite parts of a specific place that I traveled to?
- What cafes and restaurants did I try?
- Who did I go with, and when did we go?
- What am I grateful for today? (Give five meaningful examples)
- What are the top 3 tasks I need to accomplish today?
- What goals am I currently working to achieve? Setting SMART goals are a great way to achieve them. These goals are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time oriented. How do I want to better myself today?
- To-do lists. Crossing off items your to-do list will help stimulate a release of dopamine. Dopamine is what allows you the emotion of accomplishing a task. It is a good feeling that can help you feel motivated and keep you productive.
- 1 Positive thing that has happened to you today
- 1 Thing you are looking forward to
- State your purpose and mission
- Affirmations (I am fully confident and secure in myself. I am beaming with confidence and self-assurance. I don’t let my insecurities prevent me from reaching my goals.)
This 150-page 6″ x 9″ blank softcover lined travel book is the perfect size for recording memories from your trips. You can use it as a diary or record other important information. The cover features an old-fashioned map and other vintage ephemera. Buy this journal for only $6.99 here!
What are you waiting for? Start a journal and document your travels today!