10 Destinations in Asia to Add to Your Bucket List
Asia is the world’s largest continent, home to various landscapes to explore, from tropical islands in the Philippines or Thailand to big, bustling cities in China or Singapore. There are festivals to attend, local markets to shop at, temples and churches to see, and cultures to learn about. You will also find monkeys to hang out with, delicious authentic food to try, and incredible locals to meet. There are SOOOO many places to visit in Asia that it was hard to narrow down this list. Below are 10 destinations in Asia to add to your bucket list.
#1: Prambanan Temples, Yogyakarta-
Can you believe the Prambanan Temples exist? WOW! The ruins are stunning. The Hindu architecture built in the 9th century collapsed due to an earthquake. The beautiful Hindu temples in Indonesia should be at the TOP of your bucket list. After exploring the temples, you can catch a Ramayana Ballet performance in the park.
#2: Hong Kong-
Hong Kong has delicious food, spectacular skylines, hiking trails, and hidden beaches. There are so many things to do in Hong Kong, but we will narrow down the list to the top 6 activities!
- Gardens- Visit different parks, including Nan Lian Garden, Hong Kong Park, and Tsing Yi Park.
- Views- Witness amazing views at Victoria Peak, Peak Tram, and Dragons Back.
- Beaches- Swim at beaches, including Clearwater Bay Peninsula, Middle Bay, Shek O Beach, and Turtle Cove Beach.
- Culture- Visit beautiful and intricate Temples, Monasteries, and Cathedrals. A few of the thousand to see are the Man Mo Temple, Hong Kong China Temple, Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, Western Monastery, and St. John’s Cathedral.
- Landmarks- Admire the INCREDIBLE landmarks, including the Big Buddha and Tang Chung Ling Ancestral Hall.
- Museums- Go to different Museums, like the Hong Kong Museum of History, Hong Kong Science Museum, and Hong Kong Heritage Museum.
There are so many different islands in the Philippines to explore.
- Apo Island- Apo Island is also known as Turtle Island because you will see giant sea turtles constantly surfacing for air. I highly recommend jumping off the boat to swim with them.
- Bohol Island- Visit the infamous Chocolate Hills and explore the Tarsier sanctuary to observe their cute primates at Bohol Island. The tarsier is the second smallest primate on earth!
- Palawan- Visit the small and big lagoon in El Nido, go scuba diving or snorkeling, and visit the Puerto Princesa Underground River in Palawan for a perfect getaway!
- Borocay– Watch the sunset and sunrise at the beautiful white sand beaches, experience the lively nightlife and events, and go cliff diving at Borocay.
- Cebu- The best things to do in Cebu are to swim with Whale Sharks at Oslob Beach and to complete Kawasan Canyoneering, a hike down a canyon. Lastly, you can go parasailing, jet skiing, and banana boating.
South Korea is rich in history and culture. You will find amazing Buddhist temples and delicious cuisine!
- Seoul- Seoul is the capital of South Korea. You have to visit the Traditional Gyeongbukgung Palace, stroll along Bukchon Hanok Village, and admire the city view from Seoul Tower. Did I forget to mention? You MUST take a tour around Changdeokgung palace and Deoksugung Palace. Do you want to relax on your trip? GO TO A KOREAN SPA!
- Gynegou– Gynegou is a coastal city in South Korea, home to parks, archeological sites, and more. It would make for a perfect weekend trip from Seoul to South Korea. Don’t forget to admire the incredible sunset from the beautiful red Woljeonggyo Bridge that lights up gold at night. You have to explore the beautiful temples in Gynegou, including the Golgulsa Temple.
Thailand is one of the world’s favorite travel destinations, as it has a tropical climate. All year round is a pleasant time to visit. Thailand is a cheap place to travel to, as for only $1.00 you can have delicious Pad Thai, and for $5.00 you can sleep in a hostel. Aside from the perfect climate, the nature surrounding the area is beautiful. You’ll find dense jungles, rice fields, crystal-clear beaches, whirling rivers, and incredible wildlife.
- Ayutthaya- Ayutthaya is a famous city mainly because the country is home to ruins that are a part of the Ayutthaya Historical Park. This archeological site holds palaces, temples, and many statues.
- Bangkok- Bangkok is a large modern city with ancient temples and is famous for hospitality, as the capital is bustling with tourists. You will find golden temples, canals, shops, restaurants, and a great nightlife scene.
- Chiang Mai- Chiang Mai is in the mountains of Northern Thailand, where you can explore Buddhist temples and ruins. The best things to do are to visit Doi Suthep, which is a famous attraction, explore Inthanon National Park, home to the highest mountain in Thailand, bathe an elephant at an Elephant Sanctuary, shop at the Warorot Market, and go on a boat ride along Mae Ping River.
- Ko Lipe- You will find palm trees, turquoise beaches, and white sand in Ko Lipe, making it the perfect place to spend any holiday or vacation.
Japan is home to temples, shrines, natural landscapes, gardens, and delicious food.
- Kyoto– Kyoto is Japan’s most beautiful city, with over 1,000 Buddhist temples. Kyoto is the historical and cultural heart of Japan. The best thing to do is to visit Arashiyama, a 30-minute trip from the center of Kyoto. Go on the trip of a lifetime entitled the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove Walking Tour. The other best thing to do is to visit the Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine. The best way to get around Japan is by purchasing a Japan Rail Pass. The pass can get you from Tokyo to Kyoto and save you money. For example, you can buy a 7-day Japan Rail Pass to take you to Tokyo, Kanazawa, and Kyoto.
- Tokyo -Tokyo is another fascinating place to see in Japan. Don’t forget to visit the Meiji Shrine, Tokyo National Museum, Sensoji Temple, Imperial Palace, and the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden.
China is the most populous country in the world, home to almost one-fifth of the world’s population at 1.3 billion people. The Chinese cultural values include harmony, benevolence, righteousness, honesty, and loyalty. There is so much to explore, from incredible architecture to ancient traditions.
- Great Wall- The Great Wall of China is one of the most impressive handmade structures ever built. The wall spans over 20,000 km and will leave you in awe. Did you know? If you were to walk the entire path, it would take you 18 months. Of course, you will find shorter routes and trails perfect for a one-time visit. The most famous hiking section is about 1 to 3 hours from Beijing. The views throughout the hike are stunning!
- Mount Everest- Mount Everest is earth’s highest mountain at 29,000ft above sea level between Nepal and Tibet. It is a VERY dangerous trek, so BE CAREFUL if you ever decide to take on the adventure!
- Huanglong- You will find beautiful limestone formations and hot springs to dip into at Huanglong in China !!! You HAVE to visit and add this destination to your ASIA bucket list. The light blue river has many waterfalls to admire!
Singapore is a city with 64 ISLANDS! WOW! The waterfalls in Singapore are man-made and gorgeous! The best gardens and parks to relax at are Singapore Botanic Gardens, East Coast Park, and the Gardens by the Bay. The best museum to see is the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum! Don’t forget to go on a River Cruise!
#9: Kandy, Sri Lanka-
Kandy is a major city in Sri Lanka situated near tropical tea plantations. Don’t forget to relax near Kandy Lake, visit the Degal Doruwa Raja Maha Vihara cave temple and the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic!
Vietnam has traditional delicious food and a heroic history. The architecture and archaeology are incredible. Do not forget to catch a performance of Vietnamese Water Puppets and go to the temple in Hoan Kiem Lake. Ha Long Bay makes an excellent backdrop if you would like to go on a dragon boat cruise!
We listed 10 destinations in Asia to add to your bucket list. Have you ever been to Asia? Please comment below about your experience!!
Top of this Post: 10 Destinations in Asia to Add to Your Bucket List!!!
Similar Post: Top 5 Places to Vist in Asia